Sex, love and romance are delightful aspects of humanity and yet because of trauma, our psychological beliefs and biological influences, these three can be used consciously or unconsciously as a drug of choice either individually or together causing pain and havoc in our love life. The three addictions are separate and unique. Understanding how and why they come into our life is essential to achieving success in our recovery and to experiencing mature love.
Areas of focus:
- Creating and maintaining healthy boundaries
- Understanding the psycho-dynamics that drive addictions
- Healing of past trauma
- Creating an accountability support group
- Identifying healthy and unhealthy relationship patterns
- Working the seven steps from addiction to healthy belonging
- Designing personal recovery programs
- Knowing when to let you of a relationship
- Support for letting go of unhealthy relationships
Facilitated by Brenda Schaeffer
Meets monthly in Eden Prairie, MN
$75.00 per group session
Note: This is not a 12 step group. Members are free to meet on other Tuesday evenings to focus on the 12 steps of LAA or SLAA.